The Explorer

HHS has got talent! A look at the astonishing acts of this year’s talent show

Catherine Sommer, Online Editor in Chief

Every year Hudson High School Student Government hosts a night where students grades 9-12 gather to show off their unique talents. This year the show was held at the HHS auditorium and 17 acts were featured, ranging from dance to music, and everything in between. Student Government would like to “extend a special thank you to Breanna Lecklickner, Ben Stevenot, Ezra Ramlo and Em Masi, for ‘fine tuning’ the evening and to Alex Dyer and Nick Sandone for sharing the spotlight as the evening’s Masters of Ceremonies.” On another note, part of the proceeds of each ticket purchased helped with a Service Learning fundraiser for an impoverished community in Appalachia in Southern Ohio. All around, this year’s event was an amazing success.

1. The “Lunch Bunch” is a group featuring junior Nivash Jayaram on guitar, sophomore Will Baughman on piano, senior Max Semenczuk on lead vocal, senior Mitchell Cox on keyboard, and junior Karsen Guldan on drums. The crew rocked the stage singing Van Halen’s “Jump” in brightly colored wigs, setting the stage for a great night.
  2. Junior Grace Lewis was a show stopper as she sang U2’s “One” acoustically with her guitar.
  3. Freshman Amanda Liu accompanied Freshman Victoria Batcher in a wonderful Piano and Violin duet of “It’s Ladybug” composed by Zag, Kainel, and Garcia.
  4. Devin Oates, a sophomore at Hudson High School, sang a wonderful version of “Fly Before You Fall” by Erivo.
  5. “Desperado,” by the Eagles, was given a new light when sophomore Will Baughman played a piano cover at the talent show.
  6. Junior Hallie Mihalek, sophomore Anna Picone and freshman Emalee Mihalek showed off both their writing and performing talents, showing off an original song entitled, “Listen Closer.” Both Michaleks were featured on vocals, the older playing guitar as well. Picone did a wonderful piano accompaniment.
  7. Sophomore Ellie Norin rocked the stage with a piano piece entitled, “Prince Sidon” by Kataoka and Yasuaki.
  8. “I Don’t Know My Name” by Grace Vanderwaal was performed by senior, Becca Meyer, who accompanied herself on ukulele. This powerful performance was related to self expression and finding out who you are.
  9. Sophomore Colin Palmeri covered Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect” on piano, letting everyone in the crowd know that they truly were perfect.
  10. Sophomores Aria Anderson and Jordan Alexander were two girls playing one flute to the tune of Bach’s “Badinerie.”
  11. Kelly Ross, junior, did a vocal performance of Anna Kendrick’s “Still Hurting,” showing off her beautiful range and entrancing the audience.
  12. Senior Will Imes showed off his vocals, as well as guitar skills, in a mash-up of Born’s and The Eagles’ “Electric Love” and “Take It Easy.”
  13. Junior Caitlin Dyer danced the night away to “Rise Up” by Andra Day, bringing the audience to tears with her heart-touching performance.
  14. Sophomore James Wilson accompanied senior Kevin Du on piano as Du showed off his vocals, singing, “If Ever I Would Leave You” by Lowe.
  15. Sophomore Evan Foster showed off an array of incredible piano skills in McElroy’s “Taz Madley.”
  16. Max Semenczuk rocked the stage with an acoustic guitar version of Mac Demarco’s “Let My Baby Stay,” showing off not only his guitar skills, but vocals as well.
  17. Composer, Eileen’s “5th Opus” was performed by the saxophone quintet, showing not only their music skills but their fashion sense in multi-colored polos and khakis. With freshman Jacob Cox on shaker, senior Mitchell Cox on piano, junior Karsen Guldan on drums, seniors Alex Dyer and Sam Yurak, and junior Andrew Ye on alto saxophone, sophomore Colin Palmeri on Baritone, and junior Connor Kanady on tenor, this Wii theme song brought smiles to everyone’s faces.
  18. Hosts Alex Dyer and Nick Sandone did a wonderful job at bringing smiles to the crowd’s faces with their comedy sketches in between acts.
  19. At the end of the night, all acts came on stage for a company bow, getting some well deserved applause.