The Explorer

Senior Connor Gynn enjoys one last soccer season

Senior goalie  Connor Gynn makes a save at a game against Western Reserve Academy.

Used with permission/KM Klemencic

Senior goalie Connor Gynn makes a save at a game against Western Reserve Academy.

Betsy Hart, Editor in Chief

Although he picked up the game later than most, senior Connor Gynn has a deep love for soccer. Gynn has high hopes for the season and expects the team to go far. With this being his last year on the team, he is trying to enjoy every moment while he has the chance.

How did you start playing soccer?

Well, most people started playing when they were really young, but I started playing after eighth grade, which is very rare. Wilson Sattele, the other soccer captain, was like, “Hey, we need a goalie. Do you want to play?” and I was like, “Of course,” and that’s when the spark started.

What are some of your goals for the team this season?

We would like to win the league, and we want to win districts, and we [had] a league championship on Tuesday [Oct. 10.]

What are some obstacles you have encountered this season?

We have encountered many injuries, and we had some team struggles. We’ve had people quit because they thought it was too serious, I guess, but mostly injuries.

What are some of the things you will miss most about playing for Hudson?

The bus rides and the sing-a-longs—we sing on the bus on the way to games. [My favorite to sing is] “Tik Tok.” I like that, and just hearing my name being announced every Tuesday out at Memorial, but I really like the bus rides.

What are some of your favorite memories from playing soccer at Hudson?

Winning districts last year. When the bus broke down on the way back from Columbus.

What activities other than soccer are you involved in?

I am also on the basketball team, I’m in Service Learning, I like to play ping pong, I like to take long walks in the park at Hudson Springs and enjoy the nature, I like to dance in the rain, I like to dance when no one’s watching, I like to coach soccer and, most importantly, I like to put a smile on other people’s faces. I also like to read in a hammock in my backyard, and I like to bake pastries.

What plans do you have after high school?

I would like to go into secondary math education at either Miami, Ohio State, Cincinnati or Michigan State. [I don’t think I want to play soccer in college,] but we’ll see.

What is something you wish you knew before starting high school?

That your GPA carries over. That time really does fly by. Before you know it, it is over. I wish I was more involved in the school activities.

What advice would you give to underclassmen?

Study hard, obviously, get involved in the school, show school spirit and try out for the soccer team.

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?

I have a birthmark, or does everyone know that? I have a 25-year-old sister who sells art in New York. I am a world ranked FIFA player.

Anything else you want to add?

A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

1 Comment

One Response to “Senior Connor Gynn enjoys one last soccer season”

1. Guy on March 8th, 2018 8:17 am

Complete B E A S T.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

The student news site of Hudson High School