The Explorer

It’s par-tee time! Senior Mason Linx talks about golf, future

Senior+Mason+Linx+takes+a+drive+on+the+Ellsworth+Hill+Golf+course+on+Thursday%2C+October+5.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Mason Linx takes a drive on the Ellsworth Hill Golf course on Thursday, October 5.

Used with permission/ Mason Linx

Used with permission/ Mason Linx

Used with permission/ Mason Linx

Catherine Sommer, Online Editor in Chief

After nine years of golfing, senior Mason Linx is in the midst his final season on Hudson High’s varsity boys’ golf team.

When he was just a child, his father and grandfather, not big golfers themselves, took him out and wanted him to experience something new. They were pleasantly surprised when they found that their young one had quite a knack for the sport.

When asked why he stuck with it, Linx replied that at his age, he was “decent for being very young” and stayed with the sport because he “had time to get better.”

After trying many different courses, year after year, and season after season, he shared that his favorite course is Windmill Golf Course at The Windmill Country Club in Ravenna, Ohio. This is because it is where the team plays their big tournaments and earns medals. The boys’ season is almost over, but he has high hopes that they will go far in matches such as the ones held there.

Linx believes that to the golf team, “Stow [is their biggest rival] because it’s a huge opponent in almost every sport.”

After high school he plans to go to college, his first choice being Ohio University to major in photography/ videography, and “see where life takes him from there.”

Linx, however, will never give up on golf, saying, “I will keep playing until I can’t play anymore and have grandkids and show them how to play!”